Department of basin modeling and geotechnologies
Head of department Dr. Huseinov Dadash Aga-Javad oglu
Tel.: +(99412) 5109523
Fax: +(99412) 5372285
E-mail: ; [email protected]
“Basin modeling and geotechnologies” department was organized in 2009 on the base of “Geophysical well logging (GWL) analysis of geological-geophysical data” department.
Scientific direction: fluid dynamics; modeling of sedimentation process in time and space; hydrocarbons formation and fluids migration; thermobaric conditions of sedimentary basins; assessment of hydrocarbon potential; reservoir characteristics and phase conditions of fluids at large depths.
The main results:
- Porous pressures and hydroruptures distributions fields are simulated to the fluid-generating complexes and connected with them subvertical zones of decompaction (subvertical zones of destruction). The role of subvertical zones of destruction is defined in fluid dynamics and in formation of hydrocarbons.
- Accumulations in SCD. It is shown SZD can be channels for fluids in flows in overlying reservoirs and can be probable zones for HC accumulation (“shale oil”).
- On the base of analysis for up-to-data fluid dynamics peculiarities, digital processing of multichannel satellite survey and 3D basin modeling a high perspective is shown in transition zone of PreAbsheron water area and objects are indicated where searching works will be conducted.
- The department members create electronic-digital version of “Atlas of lithological Paleogeographical maps for Azerbaijan territory and adjacent Caspian Sea water area” scale 1:1000000 (45 maps). Each geochronological section is the set of vector interactive maps operating in autonomous regime by “cdr”, “dxt”, “srf”, etc. Digital information on each interactive section (thickness of deposits, lithofacial type, faults, economic minerals deposits, key wells, etc) keeps in ACH and this allows to adapt it to the Arc View, Are GIS, Maplnfo (ESRI developments), and also Petrel (Schlumberger development).
- Within international project “Study of Pontian deposits and productive series of Absheron area (GIA-BP-AMOCO) department members create electronic-digital version of detailed sedimentological section of Productive Series, scale 1:40, which is a unique on its degree of detail, informativeness, continuity (from low Productive top suite till Sabunchi suite) and on extension (3000 m) within one area”.
- Digital 3D evolutionary-dynamic model of Absheron Peninsula and adjacent Caspian Sea water area was built.
Within Research Project with NASA space monitoring of fluid activity carried out in water area of Absheron Peninsula by using data of ASTER scanner from TERRA platform.
Algorithm was developed and GWL of Azerbaijan mud volcanoes was made with dimensional-time correlation of mud volcanic and seismic events in region.
Department members participate in International Research Projects by grant support USTC, INTAS, CRDF, UNESCO and also joint projects with leading oil companies such as BP, OMV, RWE, Statoil, Exxon Mobil, Chevron and others.
Interactive lithological-facial map of
one geochrono- logical section with all thematic layers.
3D geological model of SCD northern area