Department of Hydrogeology and geoecology
Head of department Dr. Mammadov Vagif Aga Ali oglu
Tel.: +(99412) 5100141 (ext. 226)
Fax: +(99412) 5372285
E-mail: [email protected]
The department of Hydrogeology and geoecology had been established in 2020 on the base of department of Hydrogeology and engineering geology (2006) and Geoecology (2013).
Fast rates of development of the national economy and increase of impact of the anthropogenic factors in 80s had caused the study of influence of the technogenic processes upon the geological environment and the underground hydrosphere. The classification system of the anthropogenic processes had been developed with definition of groups and types of the anthropogenic loads, their influence upon the geodynamic and hydrochemical changes of the geological environment and the groundwater as the most mobile component of the geological environment had been evaluated as well.
The department members participated at the various local and international funds (EİF, NATO, Royal Society of Great Britain, Fulbright, USA State Department, Soros, Eurasia, UNESCO, etc.) within the grant projects as well as in contract studies with foreign companies (Unical, BP, Exxon).
The research priorities of the present department are the system study and simulation of impact of the natural and anthropogenic factors over the complex of spatial-time changes occurring in the Earth crust within the republic.
Main research areas:
- development of the mathematical geofiltration models of the groundwater fields in the republic.
- development of the hydrogeological measures to provide the rational use and protection of groundwater as well as geological-engineering measures to provide the geoecological safety of facilities and constructions;
- study and forecasting of the geoecological processes at survey and operation of the ore and non-ore mineral resources;
- classification, mapping and inventory development of the geoecological processes;
- development of measures for reduction and elimination of the geoecological problems;
- development of techniques of the rational use of wastes from the mineral resources deposits depending upon their genesis;
- assessment of state and forecasting of changes of the hydrogeological conditions under the influence of the multifactorial load upon the environment;
- study of the regularities of forming of the fresh, mineral and thermal groundwater and the structure of their resources, as well as the hydrosphere reaction upon the influences.