Investigation of the Hazard Presented to Offshore Platforms by Mud Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- The executive companies: Geology Institute
- The year of publication: 1993
- Code: -
- Volumes: total 1
volumes with appendixes in same amount: -
The territory of Azerbaijan is situated on the tectonically active geosyncline folded region, characterized by high seismicity and broad development of mud volcanism. Without analysis of the continual evolution of these factors in space and time, the precise choice of the place, on which a platform will be installed during the exploitation of oil and gas sediments and the positioning of pipeline routes in the sea, is impossible.
The aim of the proposed report is to conduct hazard analysis and to evaluate the probability of volcanic eruptions and of earthquakes sea at any moment.
In the report, the results of many - factores static data processing for earthquakes in Azerbaijan during 1932-1990, and of volcanic eruptions for last 100 years, are given.
The hazard analysis of the Chirag area in the Caspian Sea is given.
Detailed methods can be used for planning and installing platforms as well as for positioning pipelines in any reservoirs.
1. MATHEMATICAL BASIS FOR SOLVING PROBLEMS RELATED TO THE EVALUATION OF THE HAZARD PRESENTED BY OCCURRENCES OF MUD VOLCANISM AND SEISMIC ACTIVITY
2. ASSESSMENT OF RISK ASSOCIATED WITH MUD-VOLCANO ACTIVITY
3. INVESTIGATION OF SEISMIC HAZARD TO OFFSHORE HYDROCARBON-INDUSTRY INSTALLATIONS IN THE CHIRAG AREA
4. INVESTIGATION OF THE PROBABILITY OF HAZARDOUS EVENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE INTERRELATED ACTIVITY OF SEISMICITY AND MUD VOLCANISM
CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES